Submission of applications:
Submission of applications for the Fall term starts May 1 and ends May 10. Decisions will be announced by the middle of July.
Submission of applications for the Spring term starts November 1 and ends November 10. Decisions will be announced by the middle of January.
Only students enrolled in local Armenian universities will be sponsored by Hovnanian Foundation.
All interested parties matching the criteria listed below are eligible to apply for a Hovnanian scholarship
– Have Armenian origin (could be Armenian or other country citizens)
– Students pursuing Bachelor’s or Master’s degree at any local state universities, including American University of Armenia and French University
- Students with the field of studies in Agriculture, Hospitality, Mining, IT, Nursing/Medicine, Languages/Foreign Languages, Teaching, Business/Management, Law, Journalism, Physics/Science and Arts will be given priority
– Showed high academic performance in high school (as well as university if already matriculated)
– Hovnanian Foundation covers UP TO 50% from the tuition, so the applicant must have other sources of funding and show proof for the coverage of the remaining amount
Along with a completed application form the applicant must submit the following documents (no need for English translation):
– Passport copy
– Sealed letter from the university verifying your enrollment for a particular program with the indication of yearly tuition
– Acceptance letter from university (if not yet matriculated)
– Official transcript of grades ( from high school / university)
– For employed students – a letter from the employer indicating monthly net salary; for unemployed students – letter from parents’ employers indicating monthly net salaries, or letter about parents’ unemployment whenever applicable
– Resume or CV
Full application packages should be submitted in hard copy (signed) and left at our building’s security check-in
We prefer you use the English version of the application, but if you are unable to respond in English, you may use the Armenian application.
Application forms are only available through our website.
Notwithstanding the criteria set forth for award of scholarships in these guidelines, the Board of the Foundation may consider as it deems appropriate any special circumstances, such as a personal hardship or particular need of the applicant or certain demonstrated history of service to those in need in the mid-Atlantic area of the USA or within the Armenian community by the applicant or applicant’s family and may waive certain criteria when making a scholarship award for educational purposes.